Property & Casualty Insurance
Bartlett Actuarial Group assists corporations, insurance companies and state regulatory agencies in establishing, reviewing and costing property and casualty insurance programs.
Definition of Property and Casualty Insurance
Property/casualty insurance provides financial protection against the risk of loss to homes, cars, and business. Technically, property insurance protects a person or business with an interest in physical property against its loss or the loss of its income-producing abilities. Casualty insurance mainly protects a person or business against legal liability for losses caused by injury to other people or damage to the property of others. Closely related to property casualty coverage, workers compensation provides statutorially mandated coverage to workers injured on the job without regard to fault.
Property and Casualty Specialties
- Bartlett assists corporate clients establish alternative risk finance programs.
- Bartlett assists state regulatory agencies with rate reviews, financial condition examinations, market conduct examinations and captive application reviews.
- Bartlett assists traditional insurance companies with reserve reviews, rate filings, and pricing.
- Bartlett assists clients who need expert witness services related to property and casualty insurance programs.
- Bartlett assists clients with mergers and acquisitions of insurance companies.
Commercial Lines Specialties
- business owners (property and liability combined for smaller commercial customers)
- capital assets (output policy)
- crime and fidelity
- electronic commerce
- employment-related practices liability
- equipment breakdown (formerly boiler and machinery)
- financial institutions
- general liability
- inland marine (diverse commercial goods and properties)
- management protection
- market segments
- medical-professional liability
- package policies (property and liability combined)
- workers compensation
Personal Lines Specialities
- dwelling property
- homeowners (property and liability combined)
- inland marine (diverse personal goods)
- personal liability (including personal umbrella)
For more information, please contact us at 843-377-0993.